Main Features of WP Engine
As the name denotes, WP Engine is specifically devoted to supporting all WordPress platforms that are designed to drive inbound traffic to your specific website. Its data centers are located out of Austin, Texas, with customer support offered on a toll-free number 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. One of the most important guarantees that WP Engine provides is an unparalleled functionality; independent tests have shown that sites hosted by this provider boast less than one minute per month of downtime. In addition, all employees are innately trained in the intricacies of WordPress, so all questions can be answered in real-time with no delays. Additional amenities offered by WP Engine include:
- Proprietary “EverCache” technology that allows pages to load much faster than with competitors.
- A scalable system designed.
- Automatic security scans and a free service to fix any hacks that may occur.
- A staging area where new plugins and themes can be tested.
- Automatic online backup and restore.
- A comprehensive list of the best available plugins based off of independent user reviews.
- Migration assistance when changing over to WP Engine.
In addition, the security features offered by WP Engine are some of the most effective in the industry. Some notable features include disk write protection, script analysis and protection and plugin examination to determine as to whether any malicious code may be inadvertently present. Firewalls are included and all intrusion prevention systems are updated on a monthly basis or as is needed.
Plans and Pricing
There are numerous options available to meet the specific needs of every WordPress user. Four structures are currently present. These are personal, professional, business and premium packages:
- Personal packages start at $29 a month and include unlimited data transfer with 1 GB of local storage.
- Professional plans (the most popular) begin at $99 a month and include ten WordPress installations and 20 GB of local storage.
- The business package costs $249 a month and boasts 25 WordPress installations and 30 GB of local data storage.
- Premium plans can be customized to meet your specific needs.
In addition, migrating from an existing platform is a streamlined process. All you need to do is to upgrade to the latest WordPress version, import your database to the WP Engine, transfer the WP-Content folder, sync the new content and finally update your DNS records to the WP Engine IP. All plans can be tried risk-free for 60 days.
Customer Service Features
As mentioned frequently, live customer support is available anytime through the toll-free number provided by WP Engine. An international inquiries number is also available. For existing customers, a live and integrated online help team is available directly through the web site of WP Engine itself. The only expressed downside to this structure is that some customers have complained that the support team can close tickets too fast.
Get the Best Deals on VPS Hosting
Our monthly newsletter delivers the latest VPS hosting deals, trends and reviews directly into your inbox.